Source:


Deaton Investment Real Estate & The Wake County Apartment Association



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Are all home runs created equal?



If you are a baseball fan at all, you know the story of Josh Hamilton. After his amazing display at Monday night’s All-Star Homerun Derby even non-sports fans are now familiar with his journey. I remember playing against Josh in high school and thinking that he was the most incredible athlete I had ever played against. Little did I know, nine years later I would watch him hit 500+ foot homeruns into the upper deck of Yankee Stadium.

So what does this have to do with real estate? Well, I am sure you could draw up a convoluted correlation, but in reality it has little relevance to whatever deal you are working on right now. I think sometimes we just need to step back, look at the big picture of life and realize that miracles can happen.

For those who aren’t familiar with the details of Josh’s comeback, a quick google search will tell you everything. However, I don’t think anyone has said it better than Peter Gammons… “We are reminded that baseball can help us remember what we stand for, not against, what we believe, not what we fear, and that while we learn from the past, what we all want is to open the door to the future.” Gammons blog at ESPN.com

No comments: