Source:


Deaton Investment Real Estate & The Wake County Apartment Association



Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fannie, Freddie and Sallie


Sallie doesn't have anything to do with this but I remember with severe disdain when my first student loan bill showed up in the mail with a Sallie Mae logo emblazoned on the return address. I was living on proceeds from recyclable beer can deposits and all forms of sustenance sold in a box by General Mills and lo and behold, some entity with a weird name like my mom's wants $250/month for the next ten years.

Can you say, "forbearance?"

Here I am twelve or so years later, out from under Sallie's thumb but unfortunately, being stomped upon by her older, obviously more disgruntled siblings. So, what do they have to do with what I do now? This, I guess.

No comments: